2017 Gachang Art Studio International Artist-in-Residency Program
The Daegu Foundation for Culture Announcement 2016-110
The 2017 International Artist-in-Residency Program of Gachang Art Studio is now open.
Daegu Foundation for Culture recruits artists of International Artist Residency Program. Gachang Art Studio featured in modern art offers International residency program in which there are Exchange with foreign artists, Incubating program, Local community revitalization program and so on. The vision of the project is to enhance the understanding and communication between the artists who are working in Daegu and the internationally invited artists through diverse cultural backgrounds. The organizer of the program expects the diverse background and aesthetic interests of the residents will lead to an exciting and successful exchange, and lasting friendships. We look forward to having a lot of applications from young and passionate artists for the program.
October 24, 2016
President of Daegu foundation for Culture
1. General Guide Line of the Program
○ Qualifications : foreign nationality and overseas residence artists under 40 years old based on the announcement date
○ Field : All areas of Visual Arts(painting, photography, sculpture, installation, film/Video, new media, etc)
○ Volume of recruitment and duration : 6 international artists, in terms of scheduling preferences, please select your first/second/third choice of residency period
○ One studio per Artist (33㎡, with cooling and heating facility) and one accommodation per Artist
○ 300,000KRW for monthly support fund (approx. USD 278 per month, it can be changed depending on currency rate)
○ Round-trip Airfare (economy seats) : only international flight
○ Solo exhibition
○ Announcement period : October 24(Mon), 2016.-November 25(fri), 2016.
○ Application period : November 21(Mon), 2016.-November 25(fri), 2016.
○ Deadline for applications : November 25(fri), 2016. at 18:00
※ No later than 18:00 on November 25(fri)
○ How to apply : application accepted by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Documents for application
- Completed Application, CV, A letter of self-introduction, Personal project for the residency period
※ Download from Gachang Art Studio's website www.gcartstudio.or.kr
- Copy of passport
- portfolio (up to 15 pieces of your work, and/or 5-minutes video)
※ Please send us as Digital files (PDF or PPT and/or AVI for video) smaller than 100MB
4. Judgment and Announcement
○ Judge for selections : the Residential Artist Deliberation Commission
○ How artists will be selected by judging portfolios
○ Judgment schedule : November 30(wed), 2016.
○ Announcement: via our website on December 9 (Fri), 2016.
※ The results will be announced individually and on the website of the Gachang Art Studio
5. Requirements for the Residency Program
○ Abiding by regulations for Gachang Art Studio's resident artist and performing Residency Program
○ Using studio for more than 30 hours a week
○ No pets or children
○ Submit portfolio for archiving when leaving the studio
○ If you submit a false information about you on purpose your application and permission for the program will be canceled.
○ If you joined or are to join another residency program at the same time during Gachang Art Studio Residency Program your application will be cancelled.
○ Call number : +82-53-430-1266
○ E-mail : email@example.com
○ Website : www.gcartstudio.or.kr
○ Address : 46, Gachang-ro 57-gil, Gachang-myeon, Dalseong-gun, Daegu, Korea(zip code : 42940)
|이전글||범어아트스트리트 힐링아트타임 수강모집|
|다음글||2017년도 가창창작스튜디오 입주작가 공모|